Sunday, October 21, 2007

Arroz con costra


"Rice with a crust" from the Spanish cookbook 1080 Recipes. Chicken, bacon, chorizo, black pudding, chickpeas and rice with eggs poured over, baked in the oven. As tasty as it sounds.

Wild mushroom tortellini with tomato sauce


A lazy chav dinner, although I suspect chavs would prefer a Kraft cheese slice to pecorino on top.

Fish and chips


The chips went into butties and my cats got most of the fish.

Boeuf bourguignon


With mustard mash. Fucking delicious.

Mutton kotthu and aubergine curry


From the Banana Leaf in Tooting. The beauty of this dish is that it looks the same coming out as going in.

Walnut and gorgonzola tortellini with truffle and olive pesto


Another lazy meal given a veneer of class with truffle pesto brought back from Italy.

Pepperoni and olive pizza


The olives have got anchovies inside them for extra salty loveliness.

Green mutton masala and chicken 65


At God's Own Curry House, the Radha Krishna Bhavan.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, this blog is just going to make me hungry!

And a question: what have you got against tortellini?

October 21, 2007 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger boudica of suburbia said...

Agreed, I'm now starving!

And who puts olives in bourguignon?

October 21, 2007 at 11:44 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Essen Macht Frei. Good to see you Nick.

October 22, 2007 at 5:48 AM  
Blogger hungbunny said...

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in..."

I like tortellini, V, but a packet of shop-bought pasta is uncomfortably close to a ready meal.

I do, B, but don't tell Bourdain. Perhaps I should have called it a daube...

October 22, 2007 at 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well over in Singapore I'm off to more delicate food. Pig's tails tonight! Had Pig Intestine Congee yesterday for breakfast. That is actually what they call it on the menu! Tripe seems especially popular of here...every single food court has tripe on the menu.

October 24, 2007 at 7:05 AM  
Blogger hungbunny said...

Aren't pig intestines just sausages with 0% meat content?

October 24, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god, that bourguignon looks so good. I'd leave out the olives but I'm feeling each to their own-ish so I'll leave that be.

Right now, I am eating a fishfinger sandwich, but there was no BROWN SAUCE left. So I had to have mayo. Not nearly as good.

November 8, 2007 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home